Sunday, September 27, 2015

SUPER BLOOD MOON!!! & President Trump

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I'm getting sick of the "THIS WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN UNTIL______!!!!"  Why do we need everything to be bigger, better and super special and if you Don't See It NOW, you'll Regret It For The Rest Of Your LIFE YOU LOSER!!!

If yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is illegal and dangerous, why are we not reeling in the sensationalism of just about everything else? I understand not causing a dangerous stampede, but isn't inducing random bits of panic just as bad? Isn't the correlation between stress and health problems well documented? Phrases and tones meant to draw you in to watching this specific news program, read this specific article, listen to this specific candidate are getting louder and more threatening with each announcement. I'm sure most of us ignore it, but what about the unconscious effect?  I don't know the current statistic but aren't a good number of us on antidepressants and sedatives, or should be?  I live a suburban, upper middle class life. Why should I be depressed or anxious? It's not the fault of the Eyewitness News urgent story on why kale may not be the superfood experts thought it was and how it can actually harm you.  (But News At Eleven!!!!) I have other issues I'm working on. However, I'm fairly certain these micro-controversies reinforce a tiny unconscious notion that everything will kill us, everyone is lying, and no one can tell the difference.  Eventually we either don't believe anything at all or are convinced that drinking specially formulated salt water is the key to lasting health.

It seems like water drip torture. One tap in the same spot over and over will either drive you insane or become excruciatingly painful. Sensationalism is our very own long term Shock and Awe campaign. Yes, I know Shock and Awe is also called "rapid dominance" so labeling it long term is essentially a contradiction. The desired effect is the same: "paralyze the enemy's perception of the battlefield and destroy its will to fight." The battlefield is our attention and the will to fight is our sense of truth. The best case scenario is we waste two hours watching Geraldo open up Capone's vault.  What a worst case? President Trump.

Donald Trump's current claim to fame is that he "tells it like it is" and it's getting him enough attention to cause some of us to seriously explore expatriation after November 8, 2016.  Whether or not a person agrees with The Donald's opinions is secondary to how much that person will support him because he "tells the truth." Many people forget that his "it" and "truth" is really only his opinion and not fact.  (Side note: I'm generally in favor of unapologetic bluntness for serious issues. I am strongly opposed to unsupported generalizations being passed off as fact to play on a person's fears.) Our sense of truth has been so derailed that this guy actually looks a good choice to some people.

I've gotten completely off topic again.  Usually at this point I'd either shelve the post or pull out the tangent for another post. I'm leaving it because of the tangent makes sense to me and it's what's on my mind.

This is the strangest post about the lunar eclipse, isn't it?  That's how it started.  I was reading piece after piece about how we'll never have another "Super Blood Moon Eclipse" until TWO THOUSAND THIRTY THREE!!!!! 

Folks.

That's in 18 years.

It's a significant amount of time but unless you're in poor health or getting close to a traditional age of decline, you'll probably be around for the next one. And that's all I really wanted to say.

Regardless, if your skies are clear, go take a look.  If you're on the East Coast of the Americas, eclipse will peak at 10:47pm--- which is a treat considering I remember most peaks being in the wee hours of the morning. 

On a spiritual level, we get to experience a full lunar cycle in one evening and a fantastic time for Moon Magic.






No comments:

Post a Comment